WHY SHOULD YOU VISIT THE SCOTTISH HIGHLANDS?
The Scottish Highlands’ sweeping hills and misty lochs are the perfect backdrops for a spectacular getaway. This wide-open, rugged landscape is home to some of the world’s most dramatic and awe-inspiring scenery, where you can explore untouched natural beauty and wildness.
During your visit, there are plenty of activities to keep you entertained. Whether you are looking for adventure or a peaceful break away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, the Highlands have something for everyone. Take a boat tour on one of the many lochs, marvel at ancient monuments, visit a whisky distillery, and much more.
One of the best ways to take in the beauty of the Highlands is on foot. Take on one of the many spectacular trails and hikes, either independently or with a guided tour. From lofty mountain ranges to enchanting glens and magical loch-side paths, there is no shortage of incredible.
Here are our top 10 things to do in Scotland.
1. Witness the world’s first net-zero carbon city – Glasgow will be the world’s first major net-zero carbon city in 2023, making Scotland an ideal destination for sustainable travellers.
2. Experience the dark skies of Scotland – Scotland provides one of the best stargazing opportunities in Europe, with many areas of the country having outstanding dark sky ratings.
3. Try the fantastic local whisky – Scotland is the home of some of the best whisky in the world and the perfect place to sample some of the best beverages.
4. Explore the stunning natural beauty of Scotland – Scotland is known for its beautiful countryside and rugged coastlines, with plenty of opportunities for outdoor adventure.
5. Relax in Edinburgh – Scotland’s capital city is one of the most beautiful cities in Britain. Edinburgh is the ideal city break, with plenty of green spaces and historical sites to explore.
6. Explore the country’s ancient ruins: Scotland is home to a rich and varied history, with the ruins of many historical sites scattered throughout the countryside. From Stirling Castle to the Neolithic Callanish Stones and beyond, Scotland has a plethora of ancient ruins to explore.
7. Enjoy various outdoor activities: Scotland offers a wealth of outdoor activities in its stunning landscapes, from hiking and biking to sailing, skiing, and snowboarding. Whatever your level of expertise, you’ll find something to suit your needs.
8. Discover the country’s varied cuisines: Scotland has a wealth of different cuisines to discover throughout its many delightful regions. From hearty dishes like haggis to Scotland’s range of whisky, there’s something for everyone here.
9. Visit Scotland’s numerous natural attractions: Scotland is home to some of the world’s most incredible natural attractions, from awe-inspiring lochs and glens
10. One of the top reasons to visit Scotland is to explore its fascinating history. From ancient castles to Iron Age hill forts, many architectural wonders exist. Scotland is also home to several UNESCO World Heritage sites, making it an excellent destination for history buffs. Additionally, Scotland is home to five national parks and some of Europe’s most stunning scenery, including the famous Loch Ness. Scotland is a modern-day paradise with its breathtaking landscapes, many outdoor activities, and fascinating past.
Book your next adventure to Scotland.
What are you waiting for?