A rejuvenating spirit journey in the heart of Croatia
For a true adventure for mind, body and soul, our Ancient Sound Retreat in Croatia ticks all the boxes. Daily yoga, singing workshops and a sacred cacao ceremony are just some of the fantastic activities you’ll experience during this 6-day retreat at Ekodrom Estate in central Croatia.
Within an hour or so from the hubbub of the capital city Zagreb, you will be transported to the lush green haven that is Ekodrom Estate. Beautifully renovated accommodation nestles within an organic plum farm. It’s simply the perfect location for this rejuvenating retreat. Croatia is known for its glorious climate through from spring to autumn. The warmth and sunshine will add to your sense of escape and restoration.
Each day will begin with daily gentle yoga practice. It’s a great way to wake up the body and mind, ready for the day ahead. If you are a beginner to this wonderful movement and breath practice, the retreat offers such a good opportunity to try it out. Posture modifications are always possible to suit your own unique body’s capabilities. Some of the positive benefits you may experience with regular yoga practice include:
- Improved physical flexibility and strength
- Mental health benefits, including stress relief
- Better quality of sleep
- An excellent support to your sporting performance
- Lower blood pressure
- Reduction of chronic pain
- Protection from injury
- Weight reduction
- Balanced metabolism
- Increased energy and vitality
So it’s definitely worth a try! It is easy to continue your practice after you get home from the retreat too. All you need are comfortable clothes and a mat or towel on a non-slip surface! For those with prior yoga experience, the retreat offers an amazing opportunity to really reap the benefits of daily group practice in a relaxed, stunning setting.
After our daily morning yoga, it’s time to refuel with a yummy brunch. There are various experiences planned for the retreat afternoons:
- The very special ‘Ancient Sounds’ workshop: breathing and voice exercises prepare you to dive into your body and your natural rhythm. Let go of tension, and become ready for intuitive singing.
- Forest bathing – a silent meditative walk, exploring the wild nature around the lush estate.
- A trip to the stunning Plitvice Lakes National Park – a chain of 16 terraced lakes, joined by waterfalls, that extend into a limestone canyon. It is the most popular tourist attraction in Croatia, granted UNESCO World Heritage status in 1979.
[photo credit: Visit Croatia]
- Singing workshop with Magdalena – learn how to create vocal liberation and a sense of connection.
There will also be time for planting trees, meditation, relaxing and resting, enjoying the hot tub and sauna, reading the hammock and more.
Enjoy delicious dinners lovingly prepared by the in-house chef with fresh, local produce. After dinner, the evenings will be spent further nourishing mind, body and soul. Meditation under the sky-lit sky, star-gazing, music and a sacred cacao ceremony will all support you to connect deeper with yourself and others.
Find out more
This Ancient Sound Retreat in Croatia offers a truly wonderful experience. You’ll return home rested, with a clear mind and happy heart. Check out the full itinerary and booking information here.