Spirit of Santorini photo tour.
Spirit Journeys Worldwide invites you to join our Santorini photo trip in the Cyclades, Greece.
A 7-day photography trip in one of the most photogenic and legendary places in the world. The volcanic island of Santorini. Refine your skills in photography while exploring and capturing with your camera the remnants of one of the largest volcanic events mankind witnessed! Leader photographer, the seasoned, past National Geographic’s associate photographer, Nikos Kokkas
- Have a special session on night photography.
- A boat trip to a volcano.
- Walk on top of an active volcano, capturing the caldera and nearby villages from an impressive spot and swim in thermal water.
- Capture the Minoan town of Akrotiri.
- 23-29 September 2018,04-10 May 2019
- 7 days/6 nights
- Price: 2599£ pp/double occupancy
- Single supplement £450
- Group of up to 6 people
- Open to all levels
HOW TO BOOK or Further information
What to expect on Santorini photo trip, Cyclades, Greece
- Learn how to capture stunning images. Shooting alongside a professional photographer in the field, you learn how to navigate your surroundings, work with light, and to gain a better technical understanding of how to use your camera’s various settings. A camera provides the perfect excuse to go beyond simply what can be seen, to discover the authentic culture of a new place.
- The photographer will guide you to hand-picked locations for overwhelming shots of the sweeping landscapes of the caldera at the right time of the day.
- To share an authentic, hassle-free, travel experience with like-minded shutterbugs.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Flights available on request – please contact us for a quote including flights|
|INCLUDED||Photographer & escort to every photography location.|
Accommodation in a selected boutique guesthouse
All transfers with private cars
Boat ticket to the volcano
Breakfasts, 1 welcome dinner and 1 farewell dinner
|NOT INCLUDE|| Expenses of personal nature like tipping, laundry, telephone / fax calls, alcoholic beverages, camera / video camera fees at monuments, medical expenses;|
Any airfare or airport departure taxes, etc.;
Meals other than those specified above;
Any visa fees;
Any other services not mentioned in the inclusion.
|Additional Information||Single Rooms at a supplement on request|
Day 1: Arrive to Santorini (-/-/D)
Day 2: Village Oia (B/-/-)
Οne of the most stunning traditional villages of Cyclades will be our setting for the first day of our photography tour. Oia, perched on the northern tip of the island is built on the steep cliffs of the caldera with many of its dwellings nestle in niches hewn into the volcanic rock. Its location, its architecture tied with its unique geological nature and its tranquil atmosphere, making it an incomparable destination by itself!
We will explore the place with our cameras and our leader-photographer, Nikos, will trace your individual needs. This first sample of our photos will be the benchmark for the following photography days on which we will see our evolution unfolding throughout the photo workshop. So, the goal of the day is observation and depiction in colour or b/w focusing in, free of a subject, street photography.
After a delicious lunch break, we’ll have time to rest, to download our photos for our first critique and editing review.
Day 3: Santorini (B/-/-)
On the Third day majestic landscapes of the island waiting for us to showcase them! The volcano cliffs, the view from the lunar shape caldera, the vineyards of the oldest in Europe, the coloured beaches, are top rated photography subjects! To this already exciting photography day, we’ll add more magic with a night photography session on one of those spectacular Santorini’s locations.
Delicious local cuisine, time to rest, to have fun and time for our intriguing reviews, intertwine daily with our itinerary.
Day 4: Santorini (B/-/-)
Man is the photography theme of the day. Random or set portraits, occasions where man is involved with a visual approach to his activities and how he relates to the island.
Day 5: Santorini (B/-/-)
Santorini is one of the best places on the planet to exploit the light, fine forms and details on a unique architectural style. It’s time to explore them! How we approach these elements makes it more worthy and interesting. Oia and Imerovigli are the places to be!
Day 6: Santorini (B/-/-)
Landscape photography, street photography and portrait photography were the types we worked the days before. For this day an interesting task challenges us. We are all assigned by the photographer, on a specific project. During the day’s review, we’ll be intrigued by the different perspective and view of each on the same subject!
All these days we developed our skills and widened our perception in photography whilst immersing ourselves in the culture of the island and exploring its great history through time, depicted on every inch of his volcanic face. Nature and man’ wonders are generously granted to us on this awesome place and we couldn’t think a better way to live its myth but through our lenses.
The farewell dinner will be the occasion to exchange feelings, thoughts over the past few days, inside jokes and contact details aspiring that we’ll meet again! Wish you to carry all the photos taken as a souvenir of an exciting time with loving friends.
Day 7: Santorini (B/-/D)
Departure & farewell day.
- We strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance
- Reservations during peak times (Christmas, New Year, National Holidays) may be subject to supplementary charges. Please contact us for trips over this period
- Contact Numbers
- Email ID
- Rooms at hotels are available only from 1400 on arrival day till 1200 on departure date. A supplement will be added if early check-in or late check-out is desired.
- If one or some proposed service(s) is (are) not available at the moment of booking, we will try to find other possibilities/options or other similar services (s) in order to avoid changes to the program.
- Copy of passport